Unable to save dashboard

Dear support team!

I’m creating a new dashboard using STDashboard, but I am not able to save it. As you can see on the screenshot, this option is greyed out. Why could this be?

Thank you in advance.

Hello @Simen ,

Do you have any other STTools installed that present the same problem?

Do you use any external database to store the server file repository? Can you check that you have permission to create/delete files from the File Browser perspective?

If you open the view in a new window (double click on the tab name), do you get the save button integrated in STDashboard itself?

Best regards

Hi Alvaro, thanks for getting back to me.

Do you have any other STTools installed that present the same problem?
No, STOlap is the only tool with this problem.

Do you use any external database to store the server file repository?
No. I have imported a csv file as a data source, so not using any external database.

Can you check that you have permission to create/delete files from the File Browser perspective?
I am able to open & delete files, yes.

If you open the view in a new window (double click on the tab name), do you get the save button integrated in STDashboard itself?
I do get the save-button integrated in STDashboard itself most of the time, although some times it does not show. However, even when saving using this button, the file is not properly saved. If I create a dashboard, make some charts, save it using the built in save button, and try to open it again afterwards, I get the initialized start/window, like on the screenshot below.

Opening in a new window after saving with the builtin button has the same effect. The dashboard starts back from scratch, so the actual contents of the dashboard is seemingly not saved.

On the screenshot I have created some charts in STDashboard, saved the file using the builtin button, and then reopened the file from the file browser.

Thanks.

Hello @Simen

I am unable to reproduce the problem. Using the save button of the tool, it always tells me that the file is saved correctly and opens with the view I have configured.

Try trying a different browser in case it is a browser-related problem. Also try to check if there is any error associated with STdashboard in the browser console (F12 in Chrome).

Best regards

Strange, I experience the problem in both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

I am using Windows 10.

Checking for errors in the console (Chrome) gives the following results. Unfortunately I am not an expert in this. Hope you can see some helpful information.

Hi Simen,

Did you solve your problem? I do have exactly the same and am struggling to find a solution.

Thank you!

Hi all

Did you solve your problem? I do have exactly the same and am struggling to find a solution.
I am testing LinceBI on windows (local), can create new datasources (=i did create new csv datasource), can load data from them, can create dashboards, can prepare the graphs, can save it (only via icon on the right top of the dashboard. Cannot use the ‘save’ from the top left menu, as it is greyed out), says that dashboard is saved successfully.
But when reopening the dashboard, I am selecting the saved one ( =all seems ok):

But system seems starting only to create a new empty dashboard (=i have to select datasources, select column layout, all previously created graphs are gone).

Browser console throws the same error (as creator of this post was/is facing):

It seems not issue with some file/folder permissions, as the saved dashboard seems to have at least certain content/size:

I am using LinceBI version 2.10.1, BI Server version: 9.3.0.2.617, on windows 10

Many thanks for any hint, it seems as quite nice & powerful tool, hoping someone can help me.
Best regards
Vaclav